- About us
- Teaching staff
School of Public Health and Health Management
The vision of the School is to create professionals, capable to meet challenges in public health and health management, through the training of a public health staff and health care managers. A good-quality and contemporary work methods of the School avails it to grow into a regional centre for education and research in the field of public health and health management.
- Education of competent experts in the field of public health,
- Education of efficient managers in the health care system,
- Improvement of knowledge in public health and management science,
- Training of highly competent researchers in the field of public health and management,
- Health promotion in cooperation with the social community, and
- Improvement of decision making process and formulation of public health policies.
IN ORDER TO FULFIL ITS MISSION AND ACHIEVE SET GOALS, THE SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH AND HEALTH MANAGEMENT IS DEVELOPING:
- Interdisciplinary approach,
- Multiprofessional approach,
- International cooperation, and
- Ethical orientation.
The School is offering the following academic programmes:
- Master of Public Health,
- Master of Health Management,
- Doctoral programme in Public Health, and
- Doctoral Programme in Health Management (in cooperation with Faculty of Organizational Sciences).
The School is promoting lifelong learning by providing short-term, intensive educational opportunities for public health practitioners, health care managers, and other professionals to improve their competencies needed for better job performance.
The School has resources for conducting researches in the field of public health and management, especially for:
- Improvement of activities in the field of public health,
- Improvement of management in clinical practice, and
- Improvement of public health programmes outside the health sector.
The School employs staff that assists institutions and individuals in formulating policies, planning, organization, management and financing of the health care system. Apart from that, the School can help the health services with a continuous improvement of the quality of work and assessment of health technologies, as well as the analysis and definition of policies, thus improving the health status of the local community.
The Centre – School of Public Health and Health Management was established in 2004 with support by the Ministry of Health of Serbia, within the project ”Support to the Public Health Development in Serbia“, which was managed by the European Agency for Reconstruction and financed by the European Union. Since its establishment it has been financially supported by the European Union through a number of projects.
FUTURE LEADERS IN PUBLIC HEALTH AND HEALTH MANAGEMENT, WHO HAVE COMPLETED PROGRAMMES OFFERED BY ТHE SCHOOL, WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Use their knowledge in public health and health management in sustaining development of the health system,
- Apply core competences and basic research skills to specific public health problems, including problem-definition, posing and testing hypothesis, drawing conclusions and their interpretation,
- Demonstrate the competences in health promotion in the context of current public health problems in different settings through application of approach, principles and methods learned at the School,
- Identify and research the present and future public health and management challenges,
- Participate in the process of decision-making, formulating, and implementing public health policies,
- Recognize characteristics of health management, manage health programmes, including strategic approaches through priority settings, establishing goals, outcome objectives, activities, evaluation and budgeting,
- Apply competences for development of an evidence based health organization, continuous quality improvement, implementation of change and its monitoring and evaluation.
- Critically evaluate programmes and interventions, which relate to the public health practice.
For more information please log in